Thursday, August 1, 2013

enough about me (mansfield pt. 1)

jayne sits across from me
at the table
hair a sex messed nest
home to a crooked bow
eyeliner smudged
by bliss and sleep
laughing "look at me"
through tentacles of
coffee steam
still spilling out of the clothes
she wore last night
when her laughter was
rising champagne bubbles

slow taste of strawberry pastry
icing from your own long fingers
while i watch, like
i know you want to give this
another go
and the key's ours til noon
and i've got people to see
so many waiting on me
but i'll make them wait for you
her hair is white cotton candy spun
and mouth pink bubblegum

i thought that's what you'd taste like
but i was wrong
you inscribed your autograph
with autobiograhical kisses
in each a little Jayne winking
boy, you'll remember this but
i notice irregularities between
your teeth that in the morning
light i don't quite care for
so i brush sugar from my lap
and raise my hand to pay the check

No comments:

Post a Comment